Goal: Committed people connected to the church in worship, Bible study, prayer, service, and giving.
Perhaps the clearest picture of what it means to connect with God in worship is found in Isaiah 6. Isaiah has a vision of the Lord Jesus Himself, and immediately cries out, “Woe is me! I am a man of unclean lips!” But instead of dying, Isaiah is cleansed of his sin by the Lord and is called into the Lord’s service. When we connect with God in worship we experience the same things Isaiah did.
- We are convicted of our sin.
- We receive forgiveness of our sin through Jesus.
- We are called to serve Him.
The connection to God in worship transforms our lives, and is reflected in:
- Regular attendance in Sunday morning worship service (Hebrews 10:24-25).
- Participation in an ongoing small group Bible study.
- A life of prayer, both public and private.
- Giving of tithes and offerings to the church.
- Being a disciple maker.